Silverwater, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2128
It was a hot but thankfully not a humid day, for a walk around a park which is known for its large space for children and families to play and gather. It is a waterside park along Parramatta River. Things you can do there:
- Enjoy a waterside sausage sizzle on the free BBQ’s or enjoy a picnic
- Walk, cycle or run along the riverside walking trail
- Keep the kids active and entertained at the biggest and best playground in Sydney
- Hire a bike from the information office at the historic Gate House in the Armory
- Enjoy fresh seasonal food and riverside views at the Armory Wharf Cafe
- Visit the Armory Gallery and check out our latest exhibition (open weekends only)
- Discover historic precinct of Newington Armory and ride the Heritage Train (open weekends only)
The park had these little hills which had a small tree/plant on top, I found it very cute.
I’m going to remember to bring a picnic mat next time, because when we arrived there all the tables were full and though the grass was soft to sit on I would still prefer a mat to lie on. Oh and spare clothes so I can go near the water!